Björn, the Egyptians and atheist
There are so many situations that may overwhelm me and which I think only in hindsight a different reaction ...
Björn sits with his Egyptian caftan, which he brought back from holiday at the table next to me and looks at me with wide eyes as I start from a biblical story to tell.
He asks me: "You're not religious"
In response to my statement that I believe the Bible to be a great source of inspiration, where they designed and our time is interpreted, he jumps, has a bright red head and says:
"I am of the view that religion evokes only wars and that religious instruction be banned should, because that is brainwashed helpless, manipulated children. I do not believe in all these old wives' tales from the Bible. "
My empathy tests were not entirely successful.
I have seen that this issue has evoked strong feelings of anger, irritation and disgust.
I think the intensity of his reaction made me so scared that I could not engage in it.
So, even empathy:
I was shocked and surprised when I saw his reaction because I had really needed more openness and acceptance in this moment, for what I had to say.
My request to me, is the next time to express it.
empathy for him?
Bjorn, you're just worried that I may have beliefs with which you disagree and are you afraid that I will tell you what because you like to impose your self-determination is very important is?
I also hear that you're worried about the choice of school children who can not choose whether they go to the religion classes or not and then possibly not be in a position to what they learn there, something to counter because they are so young.
Have you been observed that certain religious groups appear very violent and write to the violence of the nature of religion?
If you Peace and Nonviolence important and are you concerned that because religion plays a counterproductive role?
0 comments:
Post a Comment